Sunday 11 January 2015

Gift from Mother Earth - Superwash Merino Wool

Well it turns out that my experiment had good results. The yarns already have a new owner :)
I'm working on dyeing a #2 batch since my first was only mine for 15 minutes :)

I'm also experimenting new colours on a batch of 3 DK skeins. I don't usually dye DK skeins, only for custom orders because it's a ticker yarn, has approx 225 meters each and the number of skeins needed depends a lot on the project. You can only need 2 or even 6 or more... not like fingering yarns.

Usually 1-2 skeins of fingering are enough for a project (like shawls....one of my addictions :) )
I was very happy with my "Gift from Mother Earth", now let's see what happens with my new "experiment" with the DK's yarns...didn't even think about how to call it because I still don't know what's gonna come out of this one...still on the pot cooling off.
 
It feels great to see people appreciate when you do something you love and not as a "work". And it's a great helper for my actual issues...These are the moments that make me feel "alive" through this very though period of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment